MBA Internship | Summer 2020
Apply by 5/29
Finance & Business Strategy
We are seeking an MBA intern with a strong analytical mind and experience in entrepreneurial finance and business operations to join our fast-growing startup for the summer!
Our ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver who is excited to apply their skills to help our early-stage startup grow its operations, project future growth scenarios, and refine its business model in preparation for fundraising. Our intern will work closely with Presently’s CEO as a thought partner and collaborator to understand the core of the business and various growth opportunities and develop a financial model and fundraising materials that can be used for investor conversations. Must thrive in a fast-changing startup environment while working effectively and collaboratively with team members (virtually).
- Work with CEO on key financial and business strategy/ops decisions as the company prepares for fundraising, including preparing financial projections, refining business model and growth strategies, crafting our pitch deck, and supporting strategic operations
- Support strategic projects and make recommendations on key business and operational decisions related to target customers, go-to-market strategy, brand strategy, partnerships, product roadmaps, and more
- Develop various growth scenarios for Presently and refine Presently’s financial model, business case, and market size (TAM/SAM) with both bottom-up and top-down projections
- Conduct user research with support from our undergraduate interns to A/B test various business models and monetization/pricing strategies, which will fold into the financial model
- Participate in weekly lunch and learns with external speakers, connect with your assigned industry mentor, and collaborate/mentor our undergraduate interns
Qualifications & requirements
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with the ability to receive University-backed funding or credit for participating (e.g., Stanford ESP, Wharton Startup Awards, HBS)
- Past quantitative experience (including financial modeling) and/or business operations experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excel and numbers-savvy; enjoys adding structure and developing an approach to an ambiguous problem
- Self-starter that can take initiative, work collaboratively, thrive in ambiguity, and self-manage
- Optional: Good eye for slide design
We are the place for you if
- You’re excited about working for a young and scrappy startup, learning about taking an idea from inception to scale, fundraising, and working in a culture that emphasizes communication, learning, and experimentation.
- You’re looking for a space to learn and grow and want to learn alongside our CEO and network of advisors, who have extensive expertise in innovation and growth strategy, entrepreneurship, finance, business operations, digital and brand strategy, and human-centered design across both corporate and startup environments.
- You’re passionate about work with a social mission
Semi-flexible workweek schedule to be agreed on by intern and CEO, amounting to ~40 hours/weekly for 10 weeks. Team is distributed, PST and EST. Part-time option available at ~20 hours/weekly.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume with a cover letter including why you’re a good fit for this role, why you’re interested in the company, and what past experience you have that would help you thrive in this role. If relevant, feel free to include a portfolio of past financial models and/or summary reports/slides that explain the models. Kindly include the role in your email subject line, and your desired work dates in the body.
CEO and Founder
dalia at presently.fun