27 Best Gift Ideas For Coworkers By Occasion
Some of the fondest office memories we hold near and dear come from hitting milestones and celebrating as a team! Although work has moved to the virtual Zoom room, here are some coworker gift ideas to keep company culture alive through the celebration of both personal and career milestones with Presently. Group gifting with Presently allows contributors to add as much money towards the gift of choice that they can, helping the office get the recipient a gift that they will never forget! Plus, the recipient will get a virtual card that includes personalized messages and photos from each of the contributors. Say goodbye to everyone in the office having to cram a sentence or two on the same written card! Below you can find some of Presently’s top gift ideas for coworkers for every milestone that is celebrated at the office! (P.S. If you’re looking for coworker gifts by interest, we also published this coworker gift guide based on how your office bestie loves to celebrate!)
Baby shower gifts
New parents have lots of new responsibilities — and not a lot of time for themselves! We chose these gifts based on popular suggestions that we’ve seen help parents with their busy schedules while making sure that they still have time for themselves.
- Upon a Box Baby Book Library ($167) Be part of the baby’s early milestones as you give this set of seven classic kid’s books. Studies show that reading promotes brain activity and early literacy skills. Plus, reading time can be a good bonding between parents and the baby!
- Coterie The Diaper ($94.50 or $85/mo) A multi-month subscription of diapers is one of the most practical gift ideas for coworkers slash expecting parents. This consists of 192 pieces of Newborn diapers that can save them dollars and will add hours of undisturbed sleep for the baby. (Pro tip: Consult the recipient if they prefer this or cloth diapers.)
- DoorDash or Uber Eats Gift Card ($25-$2,000) and Perfectly Imperfect Produce Meal Delivery Service Subscription Baby showers aren’t just about the upcoming baby. We also need to give importance to the new parents’ happiness and health! Gift cards from Uber Eats and Perfectly Imperfect Produce can help make sure the mom-to-be can eat healthy food on time and enjoy whatever she craves.
Birthday gift ideas for coworkers
Sometimes it’s hard to know what perfect gift will make for your coworker’s birthday. If you can’t decide between the wide range of gift categories available, you can never go wrong with a gift card.
- Stay Courant The “Favorite Things” Bundle Classics ($325) and Sony WH-1000XM4 Noise Cancelling headphones ($348) Sometimes you just need to get in the zone. These home charging pads and headphones are perfect luxury gift ideas for coworkers who want the best tech items to boost their productivity.
- LARQ Pitcher PureVis with Advance Filter ($118.40) This is one of the most effective coworker gift ideas to stay sharp and productive throughout the day to stay hydrated! This Larq Pitcher with advanced filters is super high-tech, resulting in the best, most crisp tasting water ever. The filters are plant-based and proven to be effective against a wide range of pollutants, making this the perfect addition to any home or office.
- The Sill Best Sellers Duo Plants ($115) Calling all plant lovers! These Monstera and Snake plants from The Sill will be beautiful gift ideas for coworkers as an addition to their growing family.
If you can’t find the ideal gift on your coworker’s wedding registry, we have some awesome coworker gift ideas to help you out. These gifts are practical for the home, so they will last through the prosperous future of the couple. Whether you choose something on the registry or not, you can still split the cost with other coworkers on Presently.
- Gift Cards from William Sonoma or Crate and Barrel With a new future ahead, most couples would love to redecorate! Williams Sonoma and Crate and Barrel offer various sets of gift ideas for coworkers that will fit the new vibe of the couple.
- Hotels.com Gift Card ($50-$500) Helping support a travel-heavy honeymoon with a Hotels.com Gift Card is one coworker gift idea they will surely enjoy.
- Wine Club Subscription from SommSelect (starting at $99/mo) or Winc ($60/mo) Wines can definitely make date nights extra special. With these wine subscriptions, the newlyweds not only get delicious wine but also learn more about where the bottles come from and the culture of their origin!
- Away Travel The Carry-On ($225) Buy a matching Away set for any jetsetting couple. Choose from the many color options for this carry-on suitcase your coworker is sure to love and use frequently.
Farewell gift ideas
It’s hard to say goodbye to a coworker who has been a part of your life in the past years. Whether they are leaving for retirement or a better opportunity, let them know how thankful you are by choosing one of these coworker gift ideas.
- Airbnb Gift Cards for Adventure and Online Experiences Help your coworker tick off something from their bucket list by gifting them an activity from AirBnb Adventure. Or if they are more the laid back type, they can also join various Airbnb online experiences via Zoom. This is one of our favorite coworker gift ideas because it gives them the chance to adventure or relax as they wish with their time off!
- Perfect Spa Getaway using Spafinder With all the preparations that comes with starting a new job, your coworkers will appreciate some relaxing time in between jobs at some of the best spas in the area. SpaFinder gift cards are some of the more frequent coworker gift ideas we see on our platform.
- Fujifilm Instax Link Wide Printer + Wide Twin Pack Instant Film ($168.69) This is one of the gift ideas for coworkers that transform those IG-worthy office pictures into something tangible. Your coworker can use this to take snaps of their farewell party or capture moments of their next adventures!
Congratulations gifts (e.g., promotions and work anniversaries)
Tokens of appreciation for an employee’s dedication and hard work don’t have to be limited to the usual company swag. Mix it up with one of the coworker gift ideas mentioned below to help them level up in their careers or treat them to coffee to further boost creativity and productivity.
- BetterUp Coaching With any promotion or milestone comes new responsibilities. Support your coworker’s career journey by rewarding their passion for learning and growth with executive coaching from BetterUp. This is one of our favorite picks!
- Starbucks ($25-$100) For the coworker who can’t go a day without their Starbucks latte, this gift card is perfect!
- DeLonghi All in One Combination Coffee Maker ($275.32) And for coworkers who can’t choose between brewed and espresso coffee, help them upgrade their work-from-home cafe sitch with an all-in-one machine. (Want to see more coffee gift ideas? Check out our coffee lovers gift guide!)
Thinking of you / sympathy gifts
In some cases, our coworkers are more like family. It is important for us to show our sympathy, and offer our love and thoughtfulness through loss. Here are some of the coworker gift ideas you can use.
- Comforting Gift Set ($102.00) When we grieve, sometimes we just need some relaxation time to process our emotions. This set includes cozy items like a mug, herbal tea sachets, art therapy anti-stress coloring book, candles, and much more!
- Spoonful of Comfort Gift Package ($24.99-$209.98) This heartwarming food package may not fill the emptiness your coworker is feeling, but at least, the thoughtfulness of the gesture will warm their hearts and tummies.
- Books About Coping With Grief There are some books that can help our coworkers understand and process the emotions they are feeling upon losing a loved one and eventually, guide them into the path of complete healing.
- Calm’s Lifetime Subscription ($399.99) This mindfulness app is a great way to keep you calm and inspired all throughout the day. It has lots of features that can make its users – kids and adults – mentally, socially, and emotionally healthy.
A great coworker gift idea for any occasion: cash or an Amazon gift card!
Undeniably, cash is still the best gift a coworker can receive. The recipient can spend it wherever and whenever they want or save it for future use. If you or your team is not comfortable with gifting cash, Amazon Gift Cards are the next best thing you can give. With billions of items on its marketplace, The recipient can choose from so many different categories. Plus, you can have the items delivered right through the recipient’s doorstep (or email). Here at Presently, the recipient has the ultimate flexibility on how they can receive their gift, as they can always swap for either cash or a gift card of their choosing!
Giving Back to the Future of Workforce
Make an impact not only in your coworkers’ life but also in the lives of the youth. Donating money to the youngest generation of students supports the success of our future changemakers. This support will allow young academics to get the job they love, and chase after their goals and passions. Hopefully, this will even lead them to celebrate with Presently when they hit their first career milestone! When setting up a group gift, the organizer can choose whether the excess fund will go to the recipient’s savings or a chosen charity like these mentioned below:
- Step Up for Students is a non-profit scholarship funding association that helps facilitate four scholarships for struggling or disadvantaged children in Florida.
- Do Something is a youth-led movement that launches various campaigns, scholarships, and other social activities that make a difference in society.
ABOUT PRESENTLY Presently is a group-gifting platform that gives people an easy way to contribute to a single gift, together. Designed for kids and adults alike, Presently enables communities to gift better, choosing quality over quantity. Organize a group gift here.
As an Amazon Associate Presently earns from qualifying purchases.